The option of ‘Reset Your PC’ restores the PC of Windows 10 to its factory default settings. It comprises of every bloatware that the computer manufacturer of yours have included in it. It is worth noting that the new ‘Fresh Start’ option in Windows 10’s Creators Update has made it more easy for cleaning Windows system. It can be done by downloading the installation media of Windows 10 and reinstalling it. The best thing is that Microsoft’s latest tool performs Windows reinstall so that you can get a completely clean Windows system.
You might already know that a ‘Fresh Start’ option is a part of a Windows Defender interface. Follow the given below options for doing it:
- Firstly, go to the Start menu.
- Then, launch the ‘Windows Defender Security Center’ app.
If you are not able to view this app, then it means that you have not upgraded to the Creators Update. There is an alternative method for doing it as well. Go through the given below instructions for knowing about the same.
- Firstly, press the ‘Device performance and health.’
- After that, press on the ‘Additional Info’ link. It shall be under the Fresh start.
- Then, you should go to Settings.
- After that, press on Update and Security.
- Next, click on Recovery.
- Then, press on ‘Learn how to start fresh with a clean installation of Windows’ link.
- Note that the displayed window shall let you know about everything that is going to happen next. Windows 10 shall be installed and going to get updated to the newer one.
- See that your every desktop apps comprising the apps that came with your computer and the one that you have installed would have been deleted. The Windows claims that they do save your important files, but it is better not to take the risk. To stay at the safe side prefer backing up your every essential data.
- Then, press on ‘Get Started’ option at the time whenever you are ready for starting it.
- After that, you need to agree for a User Account Control for continuing it.
- Next, press on ‘Next’ for starting.
- As soon as you get ready, press on the ‘Start option’ for beginning the process.
- Now, you may have a Windows 10 installation.
- Lastly, run Windows Update.
Kevin is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Kevin has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as Office.com/Setup And Office.com/Setup